Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankful Days #6

Day 6 As most people would agree, today I am thankful to be an American, to live in a country where my opinion matters and can be expressed freely, not only about how I live, how I worship, but about how my government is run. Today my husband, my parents and I all went to our local precinct to vote. We waited longer than I ever remember doing in the past, but it was not bad at all. Everyone was polite, patient and respectful - regardless of who they were voting for. As I type this, I am watching the election results, and while I hope and pray that the people and amendments I voted for are declared winners, I know that no matter the outcome I will be true to myself and my beliefs and will deal with the results as best I can. What are you thankful for today?

No comments: