Thursday, March 27, 2008

My List

I am in the middle of reviewing the grocery ads and making a list of what I need. My list this week is a little different. We are going out of town for a few days, so I am not buying for a week's worth of menus, but a week's worth of snack and car friendly foods!
In the past year, we have slowly been cutting out alot of the typical snack items and processed food due to budget and health concerns. Well, that will partially be going out the window as we prepare for our Spring Break trip to Macon, GA!
And of course, I found some great stuff on sale this week at Winn-Dixie! They are having a 10 for $10 sale on so many items that I usually have stockpiled, that I am going to buy a few things to put in my pantry!
My list so far:
10 for $10
Coke products (I know these aren't good for me, but it is my last vice) - 2 liters I will buy 10 to have on hand = $10
Winn Dixie Pasta Sauce (I usually make my own, but its good to have in a pinch)I will buy 5 for quick weeknight meals = $5
Nesquick flavored milk (for the road trip) Qty 10 = $10
Pringles (DH's favorite for road trips!)I will get one can per person for the week 5 = $5
Rayovac Batteries - AA and AAA 4 packs (we always need these)Qty 10 = $10
Hormel Little Sizzlers (great for breakfasts - 12 in a box) Qty 10 = $10
Dole Salads I am cooking dinners while we are gone Qty 3 = $3
Gala, Red Delicious or Granny Smith apples ($1 per pound) Qty 3 lbs = $3
Some other good prices:
3 lb bag of honey tangerines - 2 for $4
Cantaloupes - 2 for $3 ( I will buy 1)
So if I get the quantities I want, my total should be $61.50.
I will still need to pack other snacks from my pantry and do some baking, but this will pretty much cover the gaps in our road trip needs!

No comments: