Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weight Loss Goal

One of my resolutions this year was to finally lose all the "baby weight" I have been carrying around. My youngest son will be 6 in September, so I can no longer use the excuse that "I just had a baby"!
My best friend and I are the same height, same build and have the same goal weight. We decided to embark on an interstate weight loss project. To date, she is kicking my fanny. BIG TIME!!!!
I have 80 pounds to lose. 8-0!! That is a huge number. It seems really overwhelming so I am focusing on the first ten pounds. When those are gone, I'll take another babystep.
I am the type of person that needs that jumpstart.
Today I am starting the Daniel Fast. This eating plan is based on the story of Daniel and his refusal to eat meats, wine and other "pleasant foods"during 21 days. It is a plant based diet. So lots of fruit, veggies, whole grains, beans and WATER!!!
So I hope to chronicle my experience with this fast / diet. I am also going to re-commit to getting up before my family is moving in the morning and have some quiet time for me!
Obviously, weight loss is about so much more than just food. You need to move too. So I convinced one of the "other Jennifers" to get a membership to my gym and we are going to work out together. I just need to get there!!

No comments: