Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daniel Fast - Day 1

In an effort to "be prepared" - I stocked up on lots of summer produce. The biggest obstacle in this new eating plan is making sure my children get their fill of their favorite fruits and still leaving me enough to eat!
All three children had a dentist appointment this morning, so for a quick breakfast on the go, I grabbed a banana. I normally don't eat in the morning, so for me - this was huge! Calorie count = 105
At about 10 am, the kids were clamoring for a snack and I was noticing some stomach noises coming from me! So I made a plate of celery sticks with natural peanut butter (peanuts & salt, no sugar!) (112 calories), a handful of cherries (74 calories) and an apricot (17 calories). Calorie count = 203
In the afternoon, I had 6 oz of fresh raspberries. Calorie Count = 64 calories
For dinner, I ate a cup of brown rice and lentils (224 calories), roasted corn on the cob (77 calories), roasted veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, onions, mushrooms = 162 calories). Total Calorie Count = 463
Total Calories for the Day = 835
I have been drinking nothing but ice water and lost count of how much I drank after I hit 96 oz. According to my reading, for my weight I should be drinking 117 oz a day. I think I accomplished that today.
The calorie count seems really low, but I based it on averages provided by a few different online calorie counters. I haven't really been hungry. That worries me a bit as I don't know what the coming days will bring.

No comments: