Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tomorrow is always fresh

What is it about a New Year that makes people want to completely change their lives or circumstances? Its something as simple as seeing a fresh clean calendar page, writing in a new diary, coming up for air after the holidays to find that we are all still here!
I love the writings of Lucy Maud Montgomery and was introduced to the Anne of Green Gable series when I was around ten. I felt that Anne was a kindred spirit and I connected with her troubles and tenacity through every scrape and mistake. She was just like me in so many ways! But the one thing that always spoke to me was Anne's favorite saying, "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it".
I am jumping on the band-wagon and joining Anne with her approach to life! I worry far too much about things I have no control over. And if I make a mistake, there is always tomorrow!

No comments: