Tuesday, June 2, 2009

School is almost out for the year!

My children have only 4 more days until they are free!!!
I am putting together a camp schedule for the summer so that we can all have fun. But - I still have to work and I want them to continue working on what they have been doing in school.
I asked the children to choose 2 themes each. So far our summer vacation looks like this so far:
June7-13 - Dinosaurs!
14-20 - VBS and then Mad Scientists
21-27 - Under the Sea
28 - July 4 - USA
5-11 - Pirates
12-18 - Ancient Egypt
19-25 Outer Space
26-August 1 - Pioneer Days

I still have two weeks to decide on themes and we may rearrange the schedule based on Daddy's days off and our family "field trip" for the week.
Each week we will work on projects related to the theme: Art, Cooking, Stories, Science, etc. I also want to incorporate a Bible Verse and some worksheet stuff into each theme.
I plan to take the kids to one of the $1 movies at AMC on Wednesdays and then go swimming and Grandma and Papas house.
More to come!

No comments: