Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Before and After

Here are the three things (other than work and the kiddos) that I am going to work on today. It shouldn't take me too long, but you all know how the day can fly by when your to-do list is long!

My blanket chest
This piece of furniture has lived in about every room of our home. It is now in a nook in the kitchen and it houses my placemats, table clothes and I use the top for some indoor plants and other pretties. Unfortunately, it looks like this right now:


My buffet
I picked this up at an antique store that was going out of business. I wanted something to hold my dishes and serving pieces since we don't have a dining room set. It has two drawers, one for silverware and another for placemats. I do keep some placemats and table clothes in here as well as all of our dishes and silverware. The top is supposed to showcase my "funky chicken" that was the inspiration for my kitchen as well as some other decorative pieces. Right now, it looks like this:


Bookcases
We have three in our library and they all need help! This one holds my collection of Anne Rice, Stephen King and Marion Zimmer-Bradley as well as our collection of Star Wars books. The bottom two shelves are kid's books and as you can see, they haven't been good about putting them away nicely.


Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Primrose Hill said...

YOU GO GIRL! I wish I could get that motivated! :-)